Inspire students and improve academic outcomes.
Reduce coaching and volunteer turnover.
Avoid bad publicity and prevent lawsuits.
- Implement a mentoring culture in your school, league or team.
- Review your coaching and volunteer policies and procedures.
- Assess metrics to determine if your school, team, or league have hidden liabilities.
- Evaluate effectiveness of current training.
- Update your administration team.
- Coach coaches and volunteers one-on-one.
- Develop custom training for your coaches, volunteers, and teachers.
- Provide live training by an attorney and an educational psychologist.
- Teach coaches, volunteers, and teachers how to be effective mentors to students.
- Teach students how to get the most from their mentor relationships.
- Not a one-way lecture—it’s engaging and interactive.
- Begins with the law, then introduces your policy and your values, which set a higher standard than the law.
- Identifies what your team is doing right and builds upon their success.
- Provides the tools and training to foster effective coaching and transformative mentoring relationships.
- Offers plenty of time to practice new skills.
These are just some of the benefits of building a mentoring culture for coaches, volunteers, teachers, and students.
Hawai‘i attorney Makana Risser Chai has 20+ years’ experience facilitating more than 1000 trainings with administrators, teachers, students, and support staff at the Hawai‘i DOE, universities, community colleges, and large and small businesses. A graduate of the University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, Makana is the author of the Prentice Hall book, “Stay Out of Court! The Manager’s Guide to Preventing Employee Lawsuits”. Her articles on preventing harassment have been published in national magazines and in the “Honolulu Advertiser”. She has taught at the University of California and Hawai‘i Pacific University. She is a certified Wellness Consultant with the Canadian Institute of Stress, a Forgiveness Facilitator with the Stanford Forgiveness Project, a yoga and meditation instructor.
Donnel Nunes, MSCP, is a behavior and social learning specialist who brings more than 15 years of experience to his work with individuals and organizations. His focus is on facilitating engagements that present opportunities for clients to strengthen their ability to share and receive knowledge. In addition to his local firm, PVA Consulting, he is the regional representative for Coaching and Mentoring International and an associate for the Aspen Family Business Group. Donnel has authored chapters for two international mentoring handbooks, by SAGE (2017) and Routledge (2017), and regularly speaks at national and international conferences. He holds a master’s degree in counseling psychology and is currently a PhD Candidate at the University of Hawaii, Manoa in the Department of Educational Psychology.
Contact us at 808-282-2743 or Makana (at) MakanaChai.com