Avoid bad publicity.
Keep key employees.
These are just some of the benefits of a sexual harassment prevention strategy and training.
Our services can protect your organization:
- Review your values, policies, and procedures.
- Assess metrics to discover hidden liabilities.
- Evaluate effectiveness of current training.
- Update your executive team.
- Coach offenders one-on-one.
- Recommend online training from vendors.
- Develop custom training for your company.
- License our course and train your trainers.
- Provide live training by an expert attorney.
Our training is unique.
“Kept class light-hearted and open.”
“Understands us and easy to understand.”
“Interesting real world examples that made it real.”
“Gave usable and practical procedures.”
“Very engaging and encouraged good discussion.”
“She wasn’t intimidating, and was very warm.”
They learn the skills to intervene as bystanders, and to treat others with respect.
Harassment Law & the Aloha Spirit
At the end of our 3-hour training, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the causes of harassment and bullying
- Explain why most harassment is unintentional
- Indicate why victims sometimes don’t complain
- Identify the legal definition of harassment
- Analyze your organization’s policy and procedure
- Explain why company policy sets a higher standard than the law
- Apply the law and policy to specific situations
- Recognize the manager’s duty to prevent and respond
- State legal and policy remedies available to victims
- Relate harassment law to the Aloha Spirit
- Define whether their personal values set the highest standard of behavior
- Discuss their values, and listen to each other with respect
- Intervene if they are bystanders—both men and women
- Plan how they will uphold your workplace values
Harassment prevention training is stand-alone or included in our full-day “Managing within the Law” program.
Hawaii attorney Makana Risser Chai has 20+ years consulting and training in 38 states with everyone from CEOs to entry-level in more than 1,000 prevention trainings in banks, hospitality, education, utilities, and companies like Hawaii Gas, DuPont, Blue Cross, and many small and medium businesses. She has trained in some of the toughest environments: to steelworkers, police officers, auto mechanics, engineers, and field salespeople.
Author of the Prentice Hall book, Stay Out of Court! The Manager’s Guide to Preventing Employee Lawsuits, she knows the practicalities of putting law into practice. Her one-day training program, Managing Within the Law, has been required for every manager at Fortune 100 companies for more than 20 years.
She is also a certified wellness consultant, a forgiveness facilitator with the Stanford Forgiveness Project, and a yoga and meditation instructor.
Contact Makana at 808-282-2743 or email Makana (at) MakanaChai.com