Keep key employees.
Avoid bad publicity.
These are just some of the benefits of a sexual harassment prevention strategy and training.
Our services can protect your organization. We can:
- Provide live training in unconscious bias and the law.
- Develop custom training for your company.
- Update your executive team.
- Coach offenders one-on-one.
- Evaluate effectiveness of current training.
- License our course and train your trainers.
- Review your values, policies, and procedures.
- Assess metrics to discover hidden liabilities.
Our training is unique, designed especially for people of Hawaii.
“Kept class light-hearted and open.”
“Understands us and easy to understand.”
“Interesting real world examples that made it real.”
“Gave usable and practical procedures.”
“Very engaging and encouraged good discussion.”
“She wasn’t intimidating, and was very warm.”
They learn the skills to intervene as bystanders, and to treat others with respect.
Harassment Law & the Aloha Spirit
At the end of our 3-hour training, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the causes of harassment and bullying
- Explain why most disrespect is a result of unconscious bias
- Indicate why victims sometimes don’t complain
- Identify the legal definition of harassment
- Analyze your organization’s policy and procedure
- Explain why company policy sets a higher standard than the law
- Apply the law and policy to specific situations
- Recognize the manager’s duty to prevent and respond
- State legal and policy remedies available to victims
- Relate harassment law to the Aloha Spirit
- Define whether their personal values set the highest standard of behavior
- Discuss their values, and listen to each other with respect
- Intervene if they are bystanders—both men and women
- Plan how they will uphold your workplace values
Harassment prevention training is stand-alone or included in our full-day “Managing within the Law” program.
Read Makana’s article, “Lessons for Employers from the Joe Souki Case” published in Civil Beat.
Makana Risser Chai is a former practicing attorney with 20+ years HR consulting and training experience in 38 states with everyone from CEOs to entry-level in more than 1,000 prevention trainings in banks, hospitality, education, utilities, and companies like Hawaii Gas, DuPont, Blue Cross, and many small and medium businesses in Honolulu. She has trained in some of the toughest environments: to steelworkers, police officers, auto mechanics, engineers, and field salespeople.
Author of the Prentice Hall book, Stay Out of Court! The Manager’s Guide to Preventing Employee Lawsuits, she knows the practicalities of putting law into practice. Her one-day training program, Managing Within the Law, has been required for every manager at Fortune 100 companies for more than 20 years.
She is also a certified wellness consultant, a forgiveness facilitator with the Stanford Forgiveness Project, and a yoga and meditation instructor.
Contact Makana in Honolulu at 808-282-2743 or email Makana (at) MakanaChai.com